The Event Lead serves as on-site Garden contact during weddings, receptions, corporate, private and internal events responsible for the successful execution of events.
Core Competencies & Essential Functions
• Effectively interact with clients (internal & external), caterers, wedding planners, etc. ensuring excellent customer service and a top-quality experience with the Garden.
• Review and understand all event paperwork prior to event day to ensure seamless execution.
• Ensures the safe and efficient oversight of events.
• Ensures all events are set properly, according to contract, and any last minute adjustments are incorporated to the satisfaction of the client.
• Oversee vendor load-in and load out, including set up, break down and cleanup of the event.
• Ensures clients, caterers and vendors abide by all Garden policies and through inspection after the event has concluded, reports any and all damages to Events Coordinators.
• Responsible for the completion of event paperwork, incident reports, and the handling of any other issues pertaining to vendors, the event, safety of individuals attending and the maintenance of the Garden facility from damage.
• Ensure all visitors entering the Garden for an event are directed to the correct location.
• Ensure property is secured at the end of all after hour events, including securing buildings, setting alarms, turning power off and locking gates.
• Performs other duties as requested.
Qualifications, Skills & Physical Requirements
• Must be flexible in working hours and environment, as many events are held outdoors requiring evenings and weekends. Primary work schedule is Wednesday-Sunday.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or other database programs.
• Able to work on a team and be the lead in handling challenging situations during an event.
• Able to remain professional, calm under pressure, and adaptable to a variety of situations.
• Complete tasks demonstrating attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
• Positive attitude, dependable and reliable.
• Position is active indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions, and includes lifting (up to 40 pounds), bending, standing, and walking throughout the event.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 14, 2021.