Working in collaboration with the Director of Events and Event Coordinators, responsible for beverage management and coordinating a light food menu for special events and rentals, purchasing and inventory, maintaining budgets, and supervising bartenders.
Core Competencies & Essential Functions
1. Oversees all aspects of internal and external GBBG beverage and food experiences to include but not limited to:
a. Manage all food and bar equipment, beverage materials, bar set-up and beverage staffing for all events.
b. Ensure all beverage and food orders placed accurately and timely.
c. Manage beverage services for all special events: TasteBud, Sanimax & Grand Concert Series, Field to Fork, Fall Family Festival; WPS Garden of Lights, and any other special event that may occur.
2. Compose and distribute accurate Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) to Events Coordinators in a timely manner.
3. Maintain and create beverage and food menus.
4. Manage client invoices, refunds and payments accurately and timely for Accounting Department.
5. Manage distributor invoices, credits and return of inventory.
6. Ensure all food and beverage are served in accordance with GBBG standards and health department regulations.
7. Ensure proper inventory levels are maintained by enforcing inventory controls and weekly inventory reconciliation.
8. Train and develop team members in beverage service, responsible alcohol service, sanitation, and safety.
9. Create, effectively communicate and administer work schedules for bartenders to meet maximum efficiency.
10. Meeting and maintaining all safety and health requirements according to applicable safety and health codes and ensuring food and beverages are prepared and served in a healthy, safe and timely manner.
11. Manage guest complaints or issues, resolving matters as expediently as possible.
12. Oversee during event cash registers and credit card machines to ensure proper procedures are followed.
13. Work to determine product selection, costing, roll out and staff training for all new food and beverages.
14. Oversee quality, consistency, and presentation of food, beer, wine, liquor and non-alcoholic beverages.
15. Work with Barback to pick-up beverage and food supplies at local vendors.
16. Ensure security and organization of beer, wine, liquor, non-alcoholic beverages and bar supplies.
17. Manage GBBG staff bartending licenses and renewals.
18. Responsible for inventory and ordering of event supplies related to food and beverages.
19. Assist other internal departments with execution of food and beverage for volunteer and member-related events.
20. Able to fill-in for bartending staff as needed.
Qualifications, Skills & Physical Requirements
• A minimum of two-years experience in beverage service and banquet beverage service coordination a plus.
• Ability to manage several events’ beverage and food needs simultaneously and keep the tasks moving forward.
• Excellent organizational, attention to detail and accuracy, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage financials including but not limited to; daily reconciliation reports, tips, vendors invoices and department budget.
• Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
• Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) desirable; knowledge of catering software a plus.
• Position is active indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions and includes but is not limited to lifting (up to 50 pounds), bending, standing, and walking throughout the event.
• A qualified candidate must have a valid driver’s license with a vehicle.
• Must obtain and maintain a current Safe Food Handler Certification, ServSafe Certification and hold a valid bartending license.
• Position requires nights and weekends.
• Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 14, 2021.