The Barback will support the Beverage Event Coordinator and Bartenders, by organizing the delivery, storage and set up of the bar area prior to events. Bartender will serve drinks to Garden event attendees.
Core Competencies & Essential Functions
1. Cleaning, putting away and organizing liquor room, beer storage area, wine storage and dry goods area based on weekly deliveries.
2. Assist with setting up beverage service for internal/external events.
3. Assist with pick-up of bar and beverage supplies at local vendors.
4. Handle preparation of bar products.
5. Replenish bar with needs before, during and after beverage service.
6. Employing good safety and sanitation practices.
7. Perform clean up duties to maintain the quality appearance of the work area, including cleaning equipment.
8. Greet each guest and nurture outstanding customer service.
9. Ensure compliance of the Garden’s cash handling policy at all times.
10. Accurately and efficiently complete all sale transactions and maintain proper cash drawer accountabilities.
11. Handle set-up, break down and clean-up of assigned POS terminal.
12. Properly record all transactions via the point of sale system and confirm order and inform guests of the amounts owed, process payments and determine correct change for guests.
13. Handle all preparation of bar products, mixing ingredients, and serving drinks.
14. Acquaint guest with items for sale and use proper selling techniques.
15. Serve alcoholic beverages responsibly, requests identification, and adhere to all alcohol service policies and procedures.
16. Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Physical Requirements
1. Must be 21 or older.
2. Carry and lift items up to 50 pounds, utilize a ladder and standing for long periods of time.
3. Knowledge of and a minimum of six months experience in bartending.
4. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
5. Attention to detail and math skills essential.
6. Must be able to interact with the public in a confident and professional manner.
7. Demonstrate excellent listening and clear speaking skills.
8. Position is active indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
9. This is a physical and demanding position.
10. A qualified candidate must have a valid driver’s license with a vehicle.
11. Must obtain and maintain a current ServSafe Certification and hold a valid bartending license for City of Green Bay.
12. Position requires afternoons, nights and weekends.
Knowledge of and a minimum of six months experience in bartending.
• Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 14, 2021.