This position will manage a methodical and strategic plan to enhance funding models, maintain current and ongoing grant funding, identify new funding sources and develop a sustainable and effective grants program. Duties includes management of overall grant efforts, optimizing the grant administration process, ensure compliance with grant regulations, manage grant information in the database, engage with donor agencies, educate staff on policies and prepare financial reports.
Your skills and expertise in successful grants management will aid our organization in serving the public by securing continuous funding, improving business opportunities through effective funding programs and executing meaningful programming and projects.
The Ideal candidate for this role should have superior organizational skills, great leadership qualities and exceptional budgeting and monitoring skills The outstanding Grants Manager should re-inforce relationships with donors, ensure that grant programs operate efficiently, streamline grant administration and keep our organization fiscally sound.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and perform other duties as assigned.
• Build a sustainable and effective grants program to ensure the financial security and stability of Botanical Garden programs and operations.
• Manage grant program timeline; prepare and submit proposals professionally and on time in order to meet funding deadlines and revenue goals.
• Maintain and organize grant support materials and boilerplate information.
• Maintain a clear understanding of the dynamic Botanical Garden business model and programming in order to fully represent the organization with the most current statistics and data in each proposal.
• Analyze organizational funding needs with opportunities for support through local, regional and national grant sources.
• Set deadlines and assign responsibilities for individual grant components in preparation for compilation and submittal.
• Perform other departmental-related duties as requested or assigned by the Director of Philanthropy.
In conjunction with position-related skills, the successful candidate will become an integral member of the Botanical Garden team with these criteria:
• Serve as part of a cross-departmental team that delivers a superior guest experience, drives membership and promotes the Botanical Garden mission and offerings at special events and outreach opportunities.
• Develop, maintain and promote positive and professional relationships with internal staff, volunteers, members, vendors, contractors, media and the general public in order to achieve departmental and organizational goals.
• Maintain a commitment to, and ability to convey, the Botanical Garden’s mission with genuine passion, and the willingness to continually learn about the programs and mission.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required
• 2-3 years of experience with Altru or related Blackbaud database software preferred; equivalent database experience considered
• 2-3 years of proven success in grant writing and proposal awards.
• Solid writing skills, specifically in the field of grants, grant support and funding case statements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong communication and writing skills, with preference to previous journalism or other writing experience
• Strong process, planning and implementation skills
• Creative problem solver and strategic and organized thinker
• Excellent time-management skills to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously under a variety of deadlines and other constraints
• Ability to understand and interpret instruction to work effectively and efficiently independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team; natural problem solving ability
• Attention to detail and accuracy with regard to precision and
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft office programs with emphasis on Word and Excel; donor database experience and proficiency essential
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, application, three references and a resume to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and remain open until the candidate is hired. Only electronic applications are accepted; no paper applications will be considered.