DIRECTOR of VISITOR SERVICES & PUBLIC PROGRAMS at LOTUSLAND
Are you looking to be part of a dynamic team, while working in a beautiful setting? Ganna Walska Lotusland, a non-profit, botanical garden in Montecito, California, renowned as a “top ten” garden of the world, seeks qualified, passionate candidates to join our team to ensure a consistent, high-level, memorable guest experience, and the highest level of safety and enjoyment for Lotusland visitors and members. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for strategy, planning, coordination and execution of all activities related to visitors and public programs to create the best possible experience for guests and deepen their engagement with, and loyalty to, Lotusland. This position collaborates with the team of Directors/Managers in other departments, and supervises Visitor Services and Garden Shop staff, as well as the Volunteer Manager.
Deadline for completed application receipt: Monday, July 27 at 4:00 P.M.
This is a full-time, exempt position with salary dependent on experience. Benefits include health insurance, vacation and sick leave as well as a 403(b) Retirement Plan. Ganna Walska Lotusland is an equal opportunity employer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain visitor services standards and protocol focused on a concierge model of customer service.
• Responsible for creating and managing standards, protocols and programs to be used organization-wide to provide the best visitor and member experience, and for the training of staff, Board, volunteers and docents in those protocols and programs.
• With the Volunteer Manager, recruit new Volunteers, conduct ongoing Volunteer information and training sessions, and maintain Lotusland’s code of conduct and standards of excellence.
• Oversee all operations of Garden Shop, Reservations, Kiosk and Membership, including managing staff in their daily operations and all systems, software and databases, to carefully coordinate guest interaction activities to provide a consistent, high-quality experience.
• Work closely with Events staff to help plan for and facilitate the guest experience during events.
• Work closely with the Marketing Manager to ensure that guests and members receive complete and accurate information about Lotusland, its programs and events.
• Work closely with management peers to determine what data and statistics they need to maximize opportunities for marketing, messaging, member and donor cultivation, program/event ROI analysis, and modify the technology to capture the data.
• Work closely with Director of Operations and Director of Gardens and Facilities and staff to ensure safe and accessible access.
• Develop and maintain a guest feedback collection and analysis system, and share data with management peers to assist in creating and modifying strategies.
• Create and manage annual budgets for each reporting department.
• During tour season of mid-February to Mid-November, normal work schedule is Tuesday through Saturday. Schedule may shift to Monday through Friday in off-season.
• Serve as Site Manager on Saturdays.
• Participate and assist in the planning and execution public programs and events with the Events team.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Four years relevant managerial experience is require.
Experience with reservations systems and donor databases is preferred.
Experience in nonprofit administration, especially in a museum or garden setting.
Experience in sales, handling cash and POS systems is desirable.
Knowledge of a second language is an asset.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
A cheerful, positive attitude, and superior ability to represent Lotusland in a friendly and professional manner.
Exceptional interpersonal skills, and the ability to successfully interface with all levels of the organization, including guests, members, donors, staff, trustees, volunteers and docents.
Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
Highly effective organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and logistics.
Ability to analyze and solve problems quickly, initiating and using sound judgment and a calm demeanor.
Expertise in Sales Force helpful but not required.
Expertise in POS systems..
Ability to prioritize and manage to deadlines.
Ability to manage multiple staff and work effectively with peers.
Detail oriented, with high level of accuracy and follow through.
Proficiency with computer and software applications (MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.)
Deep appreciation of Lotusland, and all its programs, operations and needs.
Must own and be able to operate a reliable vehicle, and possess a valid CA driver’s license.