Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Data Administrator is responsible for maintaining the Blackbaud Altru database – overseeing data accuracy, training, and implementation of systems best practices, as well as setting up and maintaining fundraising designations, programs, and ticketed events. This full-time position works in collaboration with the Advancement team, Marketing, Membership, Education, and Visitor Services to generate reports, pull targeted mailing lists, and assist with donor research, stewardship and donor management. Also responsible for timely and accurate gift entry, donor acknowledgements, and production of membership packages.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Generally, the work schedule is 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, but evening, weekend and holiday work may be required depending on the needs of the organization. This position reports to work onsite at Descanso Gardens.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Oversee and maintain the integrity and quality of Descanso Gardens’ data.
• Assist in creating policies and procedures to ensure consistent data activity across departments.
• Coordinate all database functions such as: webforms, ticketing, user roles, acknowledgement processes, membership renewal processes, etc.
• Assign user roles per managers’ requests and Descanso policies, and regularly review such roles with department managers to ensure appropriateness.
• Ensure all gifts and memberships are acknowledged within one week of receipt. Compare gifts and memberships entered with acknowledgements sent.
• Ensure all data are entered accurately and completely; review transactions regularly, make correcting entries, merge records as appropriate, and report errors or inconsistencies to the appropriate manager.
• Stay current on enhancements to the database and facilitate user training as needed.
• Produce monthly and weekly development reports such as revenue reports and gift lists; design and produce reports and queries as needed for various departments.
• Assist the Advancement department in tracking donor engagement and maintaining donor lists.
• In coordination with the Membership and Visitor Services department, perform data entry of new, renewal and gift memberships as needed; assemble and mail membership packets and acknowledgment letters, and oversee volunteer help as needed.
• In coordination with the Advancement department, perform data entry of gifts and ensure proper recording and acknowledgement in compliance with IRS standards.
• In coordination with HR and senior management, administer employee memberships and other database-facilitated employee privileges such as complimentary tickets.
• Support the accounting department during its reconciliation to the database, and in resolving issues between Altru and the payment processor.
• Provide ongoing and timely support to Descanso staff to help troubleshoot data issues as needed.
• Investigate and resolve problems related to database functions.
• Provide excellent customer service to donors, members, and visitors.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 3+ years of non-profit database experience;
• Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and experience.
• Experience with integrated ticketing and POS systems preferred; Experience with Blackbaud products, and Altru specifically, strongly preferred;
• Strong experience with, and knowledge of data best practices;
• Experience with non-profit development gift entry and acknowledgements strongly preferred;
• General understanding of non-profit fundraising and moves management preferred.
• Detail oriented and extremely well organized while able to understand and apply big-picture concepts;
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• A high degree of appropriateness and ability to maintain confidentiality;
• Ability to manage and streamline processes in a complex and diverse environment;
• Excellent time management skills and an ability to work in a deadline-driven environment;
• Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work across teams, as well as independently;
• Strong Microsoft Office proficiency, especially in Excel and Word mail merge.
Interested parties may apply by submitting a MS Word or PDF Letter of Interest and Resume to email@example.com with DATA2021 in the subject line. Only those meeting the minimum requirements and submitting all required information may be contacted for further inquiry. We will accept Letters of Interest and Resumes until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.