Job Summary: The Technical Innovation and Audio/Visual Lead is responsible for creative digital media projects, including planning, directing, coordination and support of Audio Visual infrastructure and production for Denver Botanic Gardens facilities and events; Developing, scoping, securing budget, and implementing new Audio/Visual (A/V) and creative media projects; leading cross-departmental A/V support teams and contractors; and producing innovative media content that elicits a transformative experience for Denver Botanic Garden visitors.
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Director of Innovation and Technology
• Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations, to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percentages and proportions plus apply concepts such to practical situations.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
Contacts: Co-workers, managers, members, visitors, vendors/contractors, government agencies, trustees.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Lead technical media projects from original concept through final implementation and interface with all areas affected by the project.
• Proactively support A/V equipment and service the A/V needs of the organization.
• Provide immersive guest experiences through leading-edge technology
• Monitoring progress of A/V projects while initiating actions to keep projects on time and on budget.
• Recognizing and addressing Audio/Visual issues before they become problematic.
• Assembling and leading A/V support team resources.
• Identifying critical time-sensitive tasks and managing dependencies.
• Leading Innovation through cutting-edge projects and unique partnerships
• Research equipment and technology advancements and coordinate with vendors.
• Selection and qualification of equipment and software required for customized A/V installations and solutions.
• Conceptualize and create organizational campaign and initiative videos using digital assets, as well as original acquisition content.
• Travel to remote locations and capture unique audio/video footage as required.
• Contribute new and innovative thinking from an event production standpoint – including but not limited to structural design, lighting and AV, signage, custom fabrication.
• Build A/V budgets and confirm feasibility of concepts.
• Lead and supervise the work of others.
• Actively contribute to the team mission of being the most innovative public garden in North America.
Other Job Responsibilities
• Keeps abreast of trends and developments in field, applies appropriate changes.
• Works with all departments to assure highest quality experience for all Denver Botanic Gardens visitors.
• Maintains a positive, helpful and solution oriented demeanor when responding to or serving members and visitors.
• Performs other duties as requested by management.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree or demonstrated delivery of innovative digital experiences. At least three years of prior experience in supporting audio visual systems, digital media production, and content management. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis. Also required: experience in leading and delivering solutions to diverse media challenges; demonstrated experience in successfully completing A/V projects on-time and on-budget; exceptional communication skills including the ability to explain technical and analytical concepts to organizational leaders; experience specifying projectors, screens and general room design; experience specifying and configuring sound reinforcement systems; ability to lead video shoots and post production sessions, edit and post from rough cut to final deliverable. Required to have or be able to obtain a valid Colorado Driver’s License, have an acceptable driving record auto insurance and own transportation. Desired: Solid knowledge of audio, video and graphics editing, and media compression programs. Documentary film editing and production experience also desirable.