This position performs lead work over trade staff and employees involved in HVAC maintenance, repair, and construction of the Denver Botanic Gardens. This position has responsibilities in continuous improvement of the preventative maintenance program, providing skilled technical expertise for modern building systems, including fire systems, HVAC and lighting controls and equipment with dedicated attention to energy monitoring and improvement.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Operations, performs hands on, skilled work in the inspection, installation, maintenance, adjustment and replacement of HVAC systems according to manufacturer’s recommendations, department standards and applicable State and Federal code and regulations. Requires knowledge of both preventive and applied maintenance techniques in order to efficiently diagnose and resolve difficult heating and cooling problems, complete work order requests, and inspect HVAC equipment and/or projects. Further, performs other general maintenance functions such as; light electrical work, plumbing, snow removal and some carpentry work. Additionally, this position provides leadership, positive example, strong communication and team building skills to staff.
Essential Job Duties:
• Recommends, scopes and estimates capital repairs, equipment repair and replacement.
• Assigns specific field assignments to crew members and monitors work to ensure permit requirements are met and duties are properly performed.
• Prepares work plans using blueprints, sketches, and schematics.
• Plans and coordinates installation, maintenance, and repair work with other trades areas.
• Maintains records and prepares reports; and, estimates materials, labor, and equipment costs.
• Observes all common safety practices.
• Programs and updates computer control systems and settings.
• By position, participates in snow removal duties as assigned.
• By position, may be required to be on-call to address emergent needs.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
• Resolves problems encountered during daily operations and determines standards for problem resolution including escalations from clients.
Other Job Duties:
• Assists with the creation/implementation and coordination of assigned projects utilizing contractors, vendors and staff to apply timely repairs to facility components.
• Assists other trades employees as needed.
• Responds to issues on projects and advises pertinent issues to Associate Director.
• Maintains a positive, helpful and solution orientated demeanor when interacting with staff, members and visitors.
• Performs other duties as requested by management.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED, 5 plus years of experience to include maintenance field experience, experience utilizing building automation systems, lighting control systems, fire systems (fire pumps, preaction systems), rooftop units (RTUs) service and installation experience, and prior experience using automated work order systems. Must possess strong leadership and communication skills, both written and spoken, excellent human relations skills; strong organizational and computer skills and abilities. Preferred experience includes: A minimum two years building operations and maintenance related experience and/or training; Experience with LEED, Energy Management, City and County of Denver Building Code, OSHA and Worker’s Compensation regulations, and prefer possession of two of the following certificates: Heating and Ventilating Journeyman, Refrigeration Journeyman or Stationary Engineer Mechanical, current Universal CFC License, low pressure boiler maintenance experience, Electrical license, Plumbing license. Additional experience includes a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and standard office equipment. Possession of a valid driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and auto insurance.
To Apply Click Here: