The Delaware Center for Horticulture (Wilmington, DE) seeks a qualified, experienced and business-minded professional to lead DCH’s mission-based and earned revenue programs. The Director of Programs is a full-time, senior-level exempt position reporting to the Executive Director. This position is responsible for the direct supervision, administration and advancement of DCH’s mission-based and earned revenue programs. The Director of Programs is a member of the staff leadership team, which collaborates on long-term program strategy, advancement and sustainability.
Key responsibilities/goals include:
• Preserve and increase fee-for-service contract revenue for landscape/greening projects.
• Ensure timely, successful and high-quality completion of contracted services/projects through effective planning, budgeting and oversight.
• Develop and maintain strategic community partnerships; act as liaison among DCH staff, project partners, residents and community stakeholders.
• Collaborate with senior leadership team and board of directors to identify fundraising needs and strategies; contribute program concepts and designs to support grant applications as needed.
• Lead, supervise, and support DCH’s greening and education program managers, including hiring, goal-setting, scheduling and assigning work, reviewing performance, and implementing corrective measures related to performance.
Desired skills and qualifications
• Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured by DCH’s business insurance policy.
• Bachelor’s degree in horticulture or related field, or 3-5 years’ comparable professional experience.
• Ability, desire and experience in working with diverse audiences and partners
• Supervisory experience, including ability to review and correct performance issues.
• Thorough knowledge of job costing, estimating, labor analysis and project planning.
• Ability to work indoors and outdoors, including extremes of heat and cold.
• Ability to meet physical requirements of standing, general gardening and landscape work, occasional medium lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
• Availability for occasional nights and weekends based on special events or other project/ job requirements.
• Experience in one or more key DCH programmatic areas (urban forestry, public landscapes, urban agriculture) helpful.
• Ability to plan and manage multiple projects with efficient time management
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including listening
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; proven public speaking ability
• Excellent organizational skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and databases
• An appreciation of the organization’s mission and work we do
Please send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (please reference Director of Programs in email subject line)
Delaware Center for Horticulture
1810 N. Dupont St.
Wilmington, DE 19806
For information about the Delaware Center for Horticulture’s mission, values and programs, please visit www.thedch.org.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Position open until filled. No phone calls please.