Under the direction of the Development Director, the Membership Coordinator implements The Arboretum’s membership program, which includes database management, membership recruitment, retention, and engagement efforts.
• Maintain The Arboretum’s member and donor database, manage all membership data input/output, and ensure accurate record-keeping.
• Enter membership gifts and data. Generate reports and other processes to effectively manage the membership program, events and communication efforts.
• Partner with the Director of Development to identify prospective members; take steps to increase membership growth; attend key functions and event and find opportunities to network and/or make presentations on the benefits of membership; and develop systems to track effectiveness of recruitment strategies.
• Implement the membership renewal process. Compose and edit membership letters and e-mails for renewing members. Coordinate membership renewal mailings, promotions and e-mails. Track membership and engage staff in member recruitment and retention.
• Collaborate across departments to create member-only experiences.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, public relations or related field, and/or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• At least two (2) years of demonstrated professional experience in member or donor services.
• Experience with database management and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal).
• Critical thinker with a strong work ethic, high level of attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to exercise tact and discretion in handling confidential information and interacting with members and donors.
• Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, including the ability to analyze data and create engagement plans.
• Ability to work well on your own, troubleshoot and resolve issues independently.
• Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours.
If interested, please forward a cover letter and resume no later than Sunday, October 13, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.