The Dawes Arboretum is currently seeking a passionate and energetic, customer service and employee focused leader to manage a team of Guest Service Representatives. This includes managing individual and team performance expectations and goals, providing coaching and feedback, and serving as the point of contact for escalated customer contacts. The ideal candidate has the ability to lead and develop a team, effective communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to and lead change. This highly visible role has a direct impact on creating a meaningful guest experience.
At The Dawes Arboretum our staff members are dedicated team players, determined problem solvers, and resourceful stewards who are committed to an atmosphere of respectful, honest and open communication. Our work environment is one of high energy, high activity and mutual support. We provide opportunities for learning and professional development, and a gratifying work experience.
• Serve as the key stakeholder in the overall visitor/guest experience.
• Lead a high-performing, guest-focused team in a positive work culture.
• Ensure prompt and courteous service to visitors/guests and monitor the compliance of established standards.
• Develop, implement and consistently refine guest service policies, procedures and standards.
• Promptly follow-up with visitors/guests on concerns or requests and ensure all correspondence is handled in an accurate and expeditious manner.
• Coordinate purchasing and display gift shop merchandise while maintaining accurate inventory records using point of sale (POS) system. Conduct yearly inventory.
• Manage point of sale (POS) system, including swiping credit cards, collecting money, and ensuring accurate cash management.
• Associate’s degree in business management, hospitality, customer service, communications or other related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• At least two (2) years of demonstrated experience in guest service management and leading/supervising a team.
• Exemplary cash handling skills including reconciliation, auditing and security.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines with attention to details.
• Impeccable communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal) for effective interactions with the public.
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite. Ultru software knowledge and experience a plus.
• Ability to think on your feet and maintain flexibility with changing priorities and multiple tasks.
• Ability to work a variable schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
E-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Guest Services Manager. For full consideration, please include your compensation requirements within the cover letter. This position will close on Sunday, April 25, 2021.