Holden Forests & Gardens is one of Northeast Ohio’s largest and most important cultural and environmental institutions. It is comprised of two campuses, the urban Cleveland Botanical Garden campus located in Cleveland’s University Circle and the rural Holden Arboretum campus located in Kirtland.
We are seeking a Development Assistant to join our team. Located at the Cleveland Botanical Garden campus, the Development Associate is primarily responsible for processing gifts and memberships at both campuses, generating membership cards and donor acknowledgement letters, and providing superior customer service to current and prospective donors.
• Process all income gift entry (donations, tributes, memberships, grants, etc.) into donor database
• Generate, print, and mail membership cards and donor acknowledgement letters, as well as any other fulfillment-related letters (replacement cards, staff memberships, etc.)
• Provide customer service to current and prospective members
• Assist with database cleanliness by following standardized input standards, updating constituent records when applicable.
• Provide support at member and donor events.
• Assists with appropriate meeting, event planning, and logistics as needed.
• Assists with other development functions as needed.
• All other duties as assigned.
• 3+ years of office experience.
• Experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, basic data entry.
• 2+ years of experience working in databases (Altru preferred)
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Must pass a criminal background and substance test
• Must have a driving record in good standing
• Must be able work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Qualified applicants should submit a résumé with salary requirements online to: