Cheyenne Botanic Garden is Wyoming’s only public garden. Interns participate in a variety of hands-on learning activities in the botanic and children’s gardens including: horticulture, education, development, volunteer management, landscape design, pest management, greenhouse production and conservatory gardening. The goal of our horticulture internship program is to promote and instill a passion for public gardens, horticultural science and practices.
At the completion of the internship, interns will be able to:
-Describe management practices related to conservatory and interiorplantscapes of subtropical and tropical plants.
-Exhibit management skills related to production, design, planting, and maintenance of annual flower production in the high plains environment.
-Have a deep understanding of PPM.
-Demonstrate knowledge of annual, perennial, subtropical, and tropical plant identification.
-Independently coordinate and facilitate volunteer groups.
-Facilitate formal and informal educational demonstrations for volunteers and public.
-Practice safe and effective horticultural tool and equipment maintenance.
$11/hour, 40 hrs a week
We do our best to provide housing for interns over the summer.
- Currently in or recently have completed Bachelor’s or Master’s program in horticulture, public garden management, or closely related fields
- Capable of kneeling, standing, and bending for extended periods of time
- Capable of lifting 30lbs unassisted
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Must be able to work with people from all backgrounds and abilities including children and seniors.
-Must be a self-starter and willing to work independently and in groups
Please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply. If you have any further questions contact Nettie Eakes by email or call at 334-70-3479.