Cheekwood is a 55-acre American Country Place Era estate in Nashville, Tennessee, that operates as a Botanical Garden, Historic Home, and Museum of Art. Built in 1929 by the Cheek family who amassed their fortune, in part, through the Maxwell House Coffee business, the estate was gifted and opened as a public institution in 1960. Today, it features 11 distinct gardens, a one-mile woodland sculpture trail, an 8,000-piece permanent art collection, and a Georgian-style Mansion with historically furnished rooms and galleries.
With a $10M annual operating budget and over 170 employees, Cheekwood welcomes over 225,000 visitors, including 12,500 members, annually for year-round seasonal festivals, world-class art exhibitions, breathtaking gardens, and educational and public programs for all ages. A member of the American Public Gardens Association, Cheekwood is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Its mission is to preserve Cheekwood as an historical landmark where beauty and excellence in art and horticulture stimulate the mind and nurture the spirit.
Cheekwood is seeking a highly qualified professional to provide administrative assistance to the President/CEO.
• Oversight of the President/CEO’s daily and master calendar, including scheduling and pre-meeting preparations
• Screening and prioritizing incoming communications, serving as a liaison to the President/CEO
• Implementing VIP protocol for lunches, receptions and tours for donors and special guests
• Writing, editing and proofing correspondence, including meeting minutes, thank you notes, and internal communications
• Preparing power points, excel sheets and presentation documents
• Scheduling and overseeing set-up for all the President’s on and off-site speaking engagements and travel
• Manage all Board of Trustee meeting preparations, communications, events and record keeping
• Proven 3-5 years of work experience in an Executive Assistant role
• Knowledge of office procedures and MS Office
• Strong communication skills (via phone, email and in-person)
• Excellent writing skills
• Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information
• Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including an occasional evening and weekend
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
• Non-profit administration experience is a plus
We offer a competitive benefit package and the opportunity to work in an exceptionally beautiful setting. Send resume and letter of interest to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources at Pbruckse@cheekwood.org.
Cheekwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer