Brooklyn Botanic Garden’s website manager is responsible for the maintenance and development of bbg.org and integrations of other digital platforms. The position’s current focus lies in three key areas: ensuring that web properties are accessible, secure, and functional across browsers and platforms; updating content in partnership with the director of Digital and as requested by colleagues; and analyzing user engagement and designing ways to deepen it through content and user experience.
The successful candidate will be an analytical thinker and collaborative self-starter who brings hands-on comfort with the technical aspects of the job, strong communication skills, and the ability to plan the most effective path forward through complex projects.
• Perform the production and day-by-day maintenance of bbg.org.
• Lead digital projects through their entire life cycles. Manage processes and documents including stakeholder input, scoping, budget, technical requirements, timeline, information architecture, development, QA, launch, evaluation, and documentation.
• Collaborate with colleagues on updates, new functionality, and other digital projects. Execute for coherent end-to-end user experience.
• Maintain CMS, servers, and databases, optimizing performance and security.
• Provide strategic direction and support for integrated websites and APIs; support email markup.
• Research, analyze, and distribute periodic reports to colleagues.
• Stay abreast of new web technologies; share updates on technologies and trends and recommendations for iterative improvement now and into the future.
• Perform other related duties or special projects as directed.
• Collaborative manager of teams and processes with rigorous analytical thinking and a sense of humor
• At least 5 years’ experience managing web properties, including using agile methodologies with small teams
• Expert understanding of web production processes and up-to-date knowledge of web standards, semantic markup, and best practices
• Excellent UX design sense
• Experience using Google marketing platform (Analytics, Tag Manager) and developer apps
• Strong communication skills and ability to interface between technical and non-technical staff; flexible team player
• Ability to set, meet, and enforce realistic deadlines and maintain focus on multiple concurrent projects
• Experience with Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) systems preferred
Apply online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/bbg
In your cover letter, please speak to your experience and interest in the skill areas described, including those you would like to improve, and share your salary requirements. If you include a link to your portfolio or representative projects, please describe your role in producing each.
No telephone calls for position inquiries, please. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the online system may contact email@example.com.
Brooklyn Botanic Garden is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.