Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve is located in the Delaware Watershed near historic New Hope, PA and features nearly 700 species of native wildflowers, trees and shrubs that support a wealth of birds, butterflies and other wildlife. Almost five miles of trails wind through woodlands and a meadow, along a pond and Pidcock Creek, affording a unique opportunity to learn about a diversity of native plant communities.
The Preserve is searching for a part-time Coordinator of Adult and Professional Programming to actively interpret the Preserve and advance its mission to inspire the appreciation and use of native plants by serving as a sanctuary and an educational resource for conservation and stewardship.
• Professional Educational program development and planning, coordinating lectures, and professional symposia including the Land Ethics Symposium and the Native Plants in the Landscape Conference
• Development of a professional certificate program targeting the green industry in support of sustainable native landscape to ensure healthy wildlife habitats and high water quality.
• Develop interpretation of the on-site native plant collection in cooperation with the Interpretive and Public Programs Coordinator
• Conduct outreach and foster educational partnerships in support of the mission
• Design and present native plant-based programs, facilitate workshops, and lead tours as needed
• In depth knowledge of mid-Atlantic regional native flora and ecology
• B.S. or M.S. degree in natural sciences with plant-related focus or equivalent education/experience
• Proven success with educational program planning, development and delivery
• Ability to create and monitor all related budgets and accounts
• Excellent communication skills including writing, public speaking and social media
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including at least one regular weekend day
If you are creative, energetic, and a self-starter with the ability to work effectively with a diverse team of staff, trustees, interns, and volunteers, please send cover letter, references, and resume to:
Miles Arnott, Executive Director
ATTN: Education Coordinator
Application deadline: April 30, 2019
For general information visit www.bhwp.org.