The Botanical Research Institute of Texas (BRIT) is an international scientific research and learning center located in the Cultural District of Fort Worth, Texas. BRIT manages the Fort Worth Botanic Garden, a 110 acre public garden featuring 23 specialty gardens. BRIT’s mission is to conserve our natural heritage by deepening our knowledge of the plant world and achieving public understanding of the value plants bring to life.
The Botanical Research Institute of Texas (BRIT), on behalf of the Fort Worth Botanic Garden, seeks a groundskeeper. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the landscape upkeep within the 3-acre Fuller Garden and will report to and work closely with the horticulturist assigned to work in the Fuller Garden. The candidate will perform a wide variety of grounds tasks and provide customer service to guests and other staff.
The horticulturist will be responsible for:
• Performing basic horticultural tasks ranging from those specific to turf and shrub and flowerbed maintenance to generic grounds-keeping tasks.
• Assisting with preparing Fuller Garden venues for rentals and specific events.
• Assisting with mowing, edging, irrigation and irrigation maintenance and repairs.
• Assisting with pruning of trees, shearing of shrubs and ground covers and deadheading and weeding of annual and perennial beds and groundcovers.
• Assisting with pond cleaning and maintenance of koi fish and aquatic plants.
• Assisting with fountain maintenance and cleaning.
• Collecting and removing leaves from landscapes and pathways.
• Operating a variety of landscape equipment and tools.
• Participating in special events preparations, operations and removal.
• Operating motorized vehicles and wearing appropriate personal protection equipment.
• Planting groundcovers, trees, shrubs and sod.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A high school diploma/GED
• Three years of grounds maintenance experience.
• Employee must maintain current Texas Driver’s License and auto insurance.
• Ability to climb ladders and lift up to 50 pounds.
Please see full job description for a more detailed list of job tasks and applicant qualifications.
BRIT strives to maintain a positive working environment focused on growth and success of individuals, working together in a collaborative, professional manner, with communication a priority. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter as a single document to: email@example.com. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. BRIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.