The Botanical Research Institute of Texas (BRIT) is an international scientific research and learning center located in the Cultural District of Fort Worth, Texas. BRIT’s mission is to conserve our natural heritage by deepening our knowledge of the plant world and achieving public understanding of the value plants bring to life.
The Botanical Research Institute of Texas (BRIT) seeks a groundskeeper. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the landscape upkeep within a designated portion of the botanic garden. The groundskeeper will report to, and work closely with, the horticulturists and the Horticulture Manager of their designated area.
• Basic horticultural tasks ranging from those specific to turf and shrub and flowerbed maintenance to generic grounds-keeping tasks.
• Assist with preparing the venues for rentals and specific events.
• Assist with mowing, edging, irrigation and irrigation maintenance, and repairs.
• Assist with pruning of trees, shearing of shrubs and ground covers, and deadheading and weeding of annual and perennial beds and groundcovers.
• Collect and remove leaves from landscapes and pathways.
• Operate a variety of landscape equipment and tools.
• Participate in special events preparations, operations, and removal.
• Operate motorized vehicles and wear appropriate personal protection equipment.
• Planting of groundcovers, trees, shrubs, and sod.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A high school diploma/GED
• Three years of grounds maintenance experience.
• Employee must maintain current Texas Driver’s License and auto insurance.
• Ability to climb ladders and lift up to 50 pounds.
Please see full job description for a more detailed list of job tasks and applicant qualifications.
BRIT strives to maintain a positive working environment focused on growth and success of individuals, working together in a collaborative, professional manner, with communication a priority. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter as a single document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. BRIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.