Assists Plant Documentation Manager with accessioning, inventories, tagging/labeling, and mapping. These processes will require work both in the office, in greenhouses and outdoors.
• Gathering and entering relevant data for creating initial permanent plant collection record.
• Research supplemental information for plant record.
• Create and attach relevant tags.
• Conducting inventories both individually and in teams.
• Update inventories into plant records database.
• Mapping areas in greenhouses and outdoors. This could be initial mapping or updates. Update the digital mapping system with updated mapped information.
• Work with and support Volunteers/Interns
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
• BS in biological sciences, botany preferred.
• 1 year experience required
• Excellent reading and writing skills.
• Attention to detail both with plants in the landscape as well as data entry.
• Familiarity with botanical nomenclature.
• Flexibility with multiple projects.
• Digital mapping software experience (preferably ArcGIS) is a plus
• Introductory programming experience is a plus
Must be able to bend, reach, stoop and lift up to 30lbs.
Must be able to work in a shared office, greenhouses and outdoors in different weather conditions.
Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org