We are looking for a responsible individual to manage and execute any and all needs of the Apricot Lane Farms Landscaping needs while striving to maintain the principles of Biodynamic and Organic Farming.
Principal Accountabilities including but not limited to:
• Upkeep of any and all landscape needs as directed by management.
• Collaborates with Habitat Restoration Lead in regards to overlap with Habitat and Landscape needs.
• Schedule/Monitor irrigation of plant/trees to ensure sufficient watering.
• Oversight and performance of daily task, including but not limited to, dead-head plants, pruning, and mulching, planting, mowing, weed whacking, blowing, trimming, trenching, digging, trash clearing and hand weeding.
• Train the field crew for proper planting, pruning, irrigation installation and maintenance procedures.
• Oversee and perform upkeep needs of various areas around the farm, including but not limited to, gates and call boxes at main entrances, as well in and around farm buildings.
• Prepare schedule for planting, replanting, pruning, treating diseased plants and trees,, gopher trapping as needed, seeding and seed collection, transplants, etc.
• Work closely with the Livestock Team to identify and make a plan regarding plants that may be poisonous to the animals.
• Minimum 3 years experience with organic landscape methods such as hand weeding, etc.
• Knowledge of California Native and a wide range of plants including annuals, perennials, shrubs, and trees
• Be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds
• Supervisory Experience
• Be able/willing to work in a variety of extreme weather conditions
• Irrigation Experience
• Capable of working under pressure and independently as necessary as well as handling a diverse range of responsibilities
• Ability to work as a team member maintaining positive work relations of staff & volunteers.
Must send your cover letter with your resume. Please tell us your STORY!!!