Our outstanding team seeks you, someone who shares the passion we have for public gardens and organizational excellence. Your attention to detail and organization skills will be rewarded by great people to work with as we grow the American Public Gardens Association to fulfill its vision of a world where public gardens are indispensable.
The Special Project Assistant will perform tasks related to digital content management for the Public Gardens Sustainability Index, Climate & Sustainability Alliance and related Programs. This is a remote position.
• This position will report to the Associate Director, Programs & Education and will:
o Format and publish new content into program webpages utilizing existing page templates
o Work with staff to achieve high quality web layout that conveys sustainability and other program-related information clearly and accurately with an eye for good design and within our branding guidelines
• Hours per week vary; may range between 15-20 depending on projects assigned
(Candidate is responsible for access to a computer and reliable high speed internet; if the candidate is not in possession of necessary software for the position the Association will provide it).
Job-Related Skills and Qualifications:
• Proficiency with web content (Drupal, CSS) and MSOffice suite software is required
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Suite products (Photoshop) or other graphic design experience is a plus.
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
• Self-motivated and able to communicate effectively and work independently
• Candidate should have general knowledge of not-for-profit and/or membership organizations
• Experience/education in science communication, environmental education, sustainability (economic, environmental, social), agricultural, biological, horticultural, or botanical sciences a plus
Please email your resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the position, and include links to or samples of web projects designed, formatted, and/or published to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is April 29, 2019. Salary range for the position is $15-$20, depending on experience. American Public Gardens Association is an EOE.