Full-time, Exempt, 40 hours per week
$57,000-$62,000 per year, depending on experience
Remote with on-site work options for local employees
Eligible for benefits:
- Company-paid health, dental, life, short- and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 403(b) after 1 year
- Paid time off
- Paid company holidays
- Company-paid cell phone
The American Public Gardens Association is the leading professional organization for the field of public horticulture. We champion and advance public gardens as leaders, advocates, and innovators in the conservation and appreciation of plants. We're growing and evolving our staff's capacity to engage our national network of 10,000 garden professionals and we want you to join us. This work will reward your relationship-building skills and your desire to serve our field, growing with the Association as we fulfill our vision of a world where public gardens are indispensable.
The role of the Member Development Manager focuses on the recruitment, stewardship, and engagement of institutional, corporate, and individual Association members. The Member Development Manager is directly responsible for growing and diversifying our membership by overseeing customer care and management of our member database. The Manager reports to the Director, External Relations and works closely with the development team to set and meet revenue generation goals. The Member Development Manager embodies the American Public Gardens Association’s Mission and Vision and will contribute as a leader towards the Association’s strategic goals for member engagement and organizational excellence.
• Develops and implements strategies for acquiring, reengaging, and/or upgrading Association memberships
• Identifies opportunities for members to partner with the Association through sponsorships, advertising, or other collaborations for mutual benefit
• Evaluates membership pricing, policies, and benefits, connects members with benefit offerings, and supervises front-line member support staff
• Assists in developing annual budgetary goals and reports on monthly revenue and expenses
• Oversees member database including maintenance, accuracy, and security of member data; runs queries and reports on membership and revenue goals
• Serves as staff liaison for 1-2 professional Communities to support their activities and initiatives
• Other duties as assigned
• 2-3 years of experience working with membership organizations, associations, or non-profits
• Previous success consistently meeting or exceeding sales or revenue goals
• Working knowledge of sales contact, member, or donor databases; experience with SalesForce, iMIS, Donor Perfect, or Raiser’s Edge a plus
• Proficient using MS Office Suite
• Management or supervisory experience with a focus on providing mentorship and professional growth
• Experience in customer or member services, with demonstrated success resolving issues with grace and diplomacy
Skills and Abilities
• Customer service-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Organized with thorough attention to detail and high standard of accuracy
• Sound judgement, critical thinking, confidentiality, and creativity
• Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
• Able to simultaneously manage and meet deadlines of multiple projects and competing demands
• Positive, persuasive, persistent, poised, and professional
The position requires travel to national events which may take place multiple times throughout the year. The employee may occasionally be requested to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
Send your resume and a brief cover letter stating your interest in the position to JoinOurTeam@publicgardens.org with the subject line “Member Development Manager”. As part of our commitment to IDEA principles, we request that you omit the following information from your resume:
• Headshot or other photos
• Names of schools, colleges, or universities attended; please only include degrees or certifications earned
• Graduation dates
• Dates of employment; please only include employer, role, and length of service
• Current address
Please be aware that you may be asked to provide this information later in the interview process.
A detailed job description is available upon request. Please email JoinOurTeam@publicgardens.org.
The American Public Gardens Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.