Title: Development Assistant
Status: Part Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Susan Klejst, Director, Development & Engagement
The role of the Development Assistant is to support the day-to-day aspects of the organization’s efforts to achieve annual operating and capital revenue objectives. Primary responsibilities focus on: assisting with fundraising needs of the CEO and Director of Development and Engagement such as donor interaction and cultivation, supporting the annual AHS Gala and other special cultivation events as needed; orchestrating the production of solicitations and other mailings for the CEO; scheduling donor visits and producing donor acknowledgements. The Development Assistant will report to the Director of Development & Engagement and will work closely with the CEO, as well as other key staff, board members and volunteers.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Produce donor correspondence for appointments and acknowledgements
• Manage calendar of donor stewardship calls and visits
Data Management and Analysis
• Update donor records to reflect stewardship calls and visits
• Track gifts and pledges as result of stewardship calls and visits
• Process gift acknowledgements and pledge reminders
• Generate updates and activity reports as needed.
Development Programs and Initiatives
• Maintain cordial, professional, and service-oriented relations with volunteers and donors
• Work with CEO and Director of Development on institutional fundraising needs and donor development strategies
• Support the annual gala, special events, and donor cultivation activities
• Research and collaborate with other staff members on grant applications and grant stewardship
• Research prospects
• Support Development Director and CEO by performing administrative tasks directly related to fundraising.
• Constant assessment of all related business processes to insure efficiency, accuracy, and the highest level of member service
• Coordination of outside services that support development programs and initiatives
• Coordinate activities with other staff members to insure timely and accurate flow of information, efficient processes, and the highest level of member service
• Assists with other administrative duties as requested.
Other responsibilities may include assisting with special projects and membership activities or serving as a back-up for other programs of the Society.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum two years of administrative experience in development/fundraising environment. (Ideally three years)
• Excellent writing, speaking, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, set priorities, and manage concurrent tasks; strong customer service focus;
• Proficiency with PC applications such as Word, Outlook, and Excel; an aptitude and willingness to become proficient with Raiser’s Edge database software.
Preference will be given to candidates with related work experience, Raiser’s Edge proficiency. Depending on program requirements, some evening and weekend work will be necessary
To submit your resume for Development Assistant position please send your resume directly to:
Executive Assistant & Office Administrator