Activity Book (Advanced) Description: The “Advanced” version of our activity books is aimed at grades 3-5. This activity book contains:
- A 2-page comic about Aponi’s trip to Hawai’i, and how she stops the spread of the disease and steps in to save the day.
- A fill-in-the-blanks worksheet about the many products and ecosystem services the ʻōhiʻa tree provides.
- A page explaining the fungal pathogens and symptoms of rapid ʻōhiʻa death.
- A fill-in-blanks page about how to slow the spread of the disease.
- A page to draw-your-own comic; ask children to problem solve and tell a story about what they would do if they found the disease in their backyard.
- A crossword to synthesize the vocabulary and concepts they’ve learned.
Field Guides and Large Format Comic Signs are also available for you to order to accompany activity books.
Plant Heroes educational materials were developed with funds from the US Forest Service.
Product Description: Saddle Stitch Booklet
Product Dimensions: 8.5”x 11”
Downloadable PDFs: View and download full-version PDFs for this book in all languages in the resource library on the Plant Heroes website.
Printing Notes: We print our educational materials on demand and ship them directly to your organization.
Additional Notes: The number of copies we can print and ship to each member organization depends on funding availability and current demand for the products. Submit your wish list of the quantity desired for the next 12-month period. Upon receiving your order, we will contact you to confirm the number of copies we are able to provide.