Development Administrative Associate
Employment TypeJob (Full-time)
Development & Membership
Position Summary: Reporting to the Director of Membership and Annual Giving, this full-time position will support the day-to-day activities of the Development Department. The Development Administrative Associate will assist through administrative responsibilities, logging and processing a high volume of mailed donations, and scanning back-up materials for gift entry. Additionally, this position will manage the membership email inbox providing exceptional service to Members and distributing inquiries/requests to key staff as necessary. Finally, contributing to the overall success of the Development Department through assistance with events and special projects. This position is not eligible for a fully remote or hybrid work environment.
Naples Botanical Garden is a 170-acre world-class paradise, featuring the flora and cultures of the tropics and sub-tropics including Brazil, the Caribbean, Southeast Asia, and Florida. The Garden’s mission is to connect people and plants through display, education, conservation, and applied science. The Garden has beautifully restored native habitats, cultivated gardens, walking trails, and public programming that offer education and enjoyment for people of all ages. Naples Botanical Garden is a 501(c)3 organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with all aspects of robust Membership program.
• Perform administrative and office support activities for Membership and Annual Giving.
• Log incoming daily gifts related to membership, annual giving, contributions and/or events received by mail.
• Create and distribute daily Gift Log and Deposit files and weekly Stewardship Report files to associated email lists.
• Distribute Garden mail and separate invoices for Accounting.
• Accurately process and record high volume of gifts by check and credit card adhering to Garden confidentiality and PCI compliance policies.
• Scan gift documentation materials for gift entry and digital record keeping.
• Utilize Raiser’s Edge NXT database to maintain up to date records.
• Monitor department supplies and order as necessary with approval from Director of Membership and Annual Giving.
• Monitor membership email inbox, resolve assigned Member Support Tickets, respond to inquiries, and distribute as necessary for other fulfillment requests.
• Manage employee complimentary membership program in coordination with Director of Membership and Annual Giving.
• Oversee physical membership card creation, printing, and mailing.
• Manage Gift of Membership Certificate purchases, redemption, and recording of return certificates; additionally provide Community Relations with Gift of Membership certificates for approved requests.
• Provide exceptional customer service to members and donors through phone, email, written, and face-to-face communication effectively resolving any member-related issues.
• Coordinate printing and mailing of donation and membership gift acknowledgement letters.
• Assist with Development events as required or needed.
• Participate in Garden-wide events, exhibitions and projects as required or needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned and required.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Seeks clarification when needed and responds well to questions.
• Professional personal presentation.
• Manages difficult or emotional customer situations and responds promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Listens to others without interrupting and keeps emotions under control.
• Good attendance and punctuality. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
• Follows instructions, responds to management direction, and takes responsibility for own actions.
• Able to multi-task, complete tasks on time and use time wisely. Keep commitments. Notifies appropriate team members with alternate plans when needed.
• Pre-employment background check required.
• Life Insurance
• Retirement Plan with matching
• Long -Short Term Disability
• Paid Holidays
• Garden Perks
Naples Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Garden has a long-standing policy of employment and advancement based solely upon qualifications to perform the essential elements of a position without regard to age, creed, gender, national origin or ancestry, race, color, religion, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, HIV status, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, handicap or mental or physical disability.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years equivalent work experience.
• Non-profit administrative experience preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Minimum 1 year of Raiser’s Edge NXT database data entry/management experience preferred.
• Ability to obtain Raiser’s Edge NXT Fundamentals certification within 2 months of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply: