Employment TypeJob (Full-time)
Marketing & Communications
Position Summary: The Communications Associate is responsible for supporting the Communications & Marketing department’s efforts to ensure Naples Botanical Garden’s continued growth and increase awareness of the Garden. The Communications Associate will focus on key digital assets and resources, communicating with colleagues on the team and across departments with the end goal of promoting the Garden’s mission and revenue-generating events, ensuring that branding and style remain correct per the guidelines set forth by the institution. This position is hybrid, meaning weekly work is split between on site and remote as needed.
Naples Botanical Garden is a 170-acre world-class paradise, featuring the flora and cultures of the tropics and sub-tropics including Brazil, the Caribbean, Southeast Asia, and Florida. The Garden’s mission is to connect people and plants through display, education, conservation, and applied science. The Garden has beautifully restored native habitats, cultivated gardens, walking trails, and public programming that offer education and enjoyment for people of all ages. Naples Botanical Garden is a 501(c)3 organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Proactively updates and maintains Naples Botanical Garden’s website (naplesgarden.org), ensuring content is up to date and communicating both internally and when needed to problem-solve, externally.
• Under guidance of Director of Communications & Marketing, create and curate content for all internal Garden communications (intranet).
• Creates and sends emails to Garden constituents, maintaining lists, under the guidance of the Senior Content Manager.
• Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with colleagues across the organization to ensure regular deliverables.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
• Excellent writing and editing skills with an ability to distill complex information for a variety of audiences.
• Excellent communication skills, able to speak, read, and write in English
• Bilingual or multilingual a plus
• Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels – share all information in a timely fashion
• Ability to work successfully within a team as well as independently
• Knowledge of WordPress and Sharepoint
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a professional manner in all dealings with guests, staff, volunteers, Board members and others
• Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Communications, Computer Sciences or Information Technology, Marketing, Advertising or related a plus
• 1 – 3 years prior experience related role desired
• Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends on occasion
• Applicants must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license
• A pre-employment background check required.
• Life Insurance
• Retirement Plan
• Long -Short Term Disability
• Paid Holidays
• Garden Perks
Naples Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Garden has a long-standing policy of employment and advancement based solely upon qualifications to perform the essential elements of a position without regard to age, creed, gender, national origin or ancestry, race, color, religion, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, HIV status, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, handicap or mental or physical disability.
Please click on the link below to apply: