Beautification Horticulture Supervisor
Employment TypeJob (Full-time)
The Beautification Horticulture Supervisor is responsible for leading the design, care, and maintenance of green spaces in Lake City and supervising beautification staff. This position falls under the Department of Horticulture of Moore Farms Botanical Garden, and reports directly to the Director of Horticulture.
Nestled among fields of corn and soybeans, Moore Farms Botanical Garden is comprised of 65 acres set in the rural Pee Dee region near Lake City, South Carolina. Embracing its southern pastoral setting through an informal, expressive design scheme, the garden is a careful blend of exuberant plant displays, bounding meadows and enduring vistas of grey-green pines. The resulting union of art and scholarship is a dazzling example of the modern botanical garden.
Moore Farms is in an exciting period of growth and expansion, with ample opportunities to put your hard work and creativity on display. We offer competitive salaries in horticulture, and support our horticulturists with certifications, licensure, and educational opportunities.
Please visit our website at www.moorefarmsbg.org to learn more.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Design, implement, and care for green spaces in an urban environment.
• Manage the Beautification budget with oversight from the Director of Horticulture
• Supervise and delegate tasks for Beautification staff.
• Daily duties include weeding, planting, pruning, mulching, irrigation, and general care of the properties and green spaces in care of Moore Farms Botanical Garden Beautification
• Ensure equipment is maintained.
• Respect safety standards of the company and maintain a clean work environment.
• Ability to work unsupervised and with other team members.
• Engage with guests for tours as well as educational opportunities.
• Structure plan for Summer Internship mentoring in regard to beautification project.
• Be able to communicate and work with Lake City officials and entities of the Darla Moore Foundation.
• Be outgoing and team-oriented with great organizational skills.
• Be fluent in Microsoft 365 and Excel.
• Occasional travel when required
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
• Candidates must have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in horticulture, plant sciences, botany, ecology, or a closely related field, or an equivalent combination of training, skills and experience.
• 1-5+ years of experience preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of plant material, irrigation, pesticide application and best horticultural practices.
• Must have or be willing to obtain a South Carolina Pesticide Applicator’s license
• Must possess a valid South Carolina Driver’s license (or be able to obtain one within 30 days)
• Experience leading a team of professionals and planning projects.
• Strong work ethic supported by commitment and follow-through.
• Passion for pioneering alternative landscape strategies.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• A strong ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects effectively.
• Comfortable working in extreme weather fluctuations.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Ability to carry, climb, push, stoop, reach, dig and to load/unload various objects
• Ability to work outside doing manual tasks without reasonable assistance.
• Ability to operate hand tools and/or powered equipment.
• Ability to pass background check.
• Comfortable and competent with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Possess good written and oral communication skills
This is a full-time position with a base salary of $45,000+ commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) matching, health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Daniel Livingston with “Beautification Horticulture Supervisor” in the subject line at email@example.comApplication Deadline:
December 12, 2023