For those not currently affiliated with a member garden, we offer a variety of individual membership options. Whether you are:
• interested in entering the field or at the start of your public garden career,
• transitioning between public garden jobs, or
• capping off a career in the industry,
an individual membership will give you access to essential resources and provide valuable networking opportunities.
Please note: if you work at a member garden, you are already a member.
If you work at a non-member garden, please encourage your garden to join as an Institutional member.
If you are selling products or services, you should join as a Corporate member.
These categories are open to new and renewing members:
• Non-Affiliated Individual Member $125
• Retired Garden Professional: $65
• Entry-Level Member: $10 (NEW)
Current Student and Garden Volunteer Members will be able to continue their membership status under these categories until current expiration date or as part of an Association-administered transition process. No new memberships in these categories will be initiated beyond June 1, 2019.
ABOUT Entry-Level Membership
Recognizing that people travel diverse career paths into the public garden industry, the American Public Gardens Association is offering a new, low-cost membership option for those venturing into the public garden industry at the start of their careers that include, but are not limited to, students currently enrolled with an academic institution.
• Can be renewed two times, for a total of three 12-month periods of membership
• Is offered only to those not affiliated with a member garden
• Includes all benefits of Individual Membership with one exception, noted below
Individual Member Benefits (all levels):
• Garden Benchmarking Study results in summary form
• Network with 9,000+ public garden professionals at more than 600 gardens
• Subscription to Public Garden magazine (Entry-Level receives only digital version)
• Subscription to the monthly e-newsletter
• Member pricing for the Annual Conference and Professional Development programs
• Opportunities to present at Professional Development symposia, webinars, or programs
• Unlimited access to 21 discipline-focused Professional Communities
• Free registration for AFP (Association of Fundraising Professionals) webinars with code
• Unlimited access to the online Member Directory
• Access to thousands of resources in the Library & Media Center