Public Garden Career Center - View Job
Associate Director of Membership
The Garden Conservancy
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2014
THE GARDEN CONSERVANCY
P.O. BOX 219 • COLD SPRING, NEW YORK 10516 • 845-424-6500/6501 FAX
Job Title: Associate Director of Membership
Reports To: Director of Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: The Garden Conservancy is a national nonprofit headquartered in the Hudson Valley of New York that works to save and share America’s outstanding gardens for the education and inspiration of the public.
A key member of a growing development team, the Associate Director of Membership will be responsible for designing, creating, and managing all Garden Conservancy membership programs and related acquisition, renewals, and lapsed donor mailings including working with Stewardship on all benefits associated with donor recognition societies. The Associate Director of Membership is also responsible for working with communications on messaging, organizational identity, and website memberships.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Works with the Membership Task Force Leader on design of overall strategic direction and long range plan for the Garden Conservancy.*
2. Develops annual appeal program for the Garden Conservancy incorporating all membership levels, Society of Fellows, and all other donor recognition societies.*
3. Creates all written and graphic Membership materials including those on the website.*
4. Manages renewal and lapsed donor mailings.*
5. Creates and designs acquisition programs and associated materials.*
6. Works with Open Days and preservation staff to incorporate messages including program activities.*
7. Develops an overall Garden Conservancy membership mailing annual timeline.*
8. Develops Open Day’s visitor membership acquisition program, website membership acquisition program, and all social media membership communications.*
9. Develops membership acquisition renewal and lapsed donor mailing for Society of Fellows and special board member annual giving program.*
10. Tracks and analyzes all annual giving and membership appeal results for return on investments.*
11. Tests specific mailing for comparison.*
12. Budgets for all Membership and appeal programs.*
13. Works with Major Gift officers.
14. Presents to Board Development Committee.
15. Attends Open Day events.
16. Collaborates with major gift and stewardship staff in planning events.
17. Manages one employee.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, Raisers Edge software, project management software, and contact management software.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Oral and written communication skills
• Ability to have confidence presenting to small and large groups
• Excitement and passion for environmental causes and gardening
• Positive attitude with a sense of humor
To apply send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Mention “Associate Director of Membership” in the subject line.