Public Garden Career Center - View Internship
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Smithsonian Gardens provides an exceptionally well-rounded array of experiences in its intern program thanks to the wide diversity of services it offers to the Smithsonian, the world's largest museum complex. We accept current and recently graduated undergraduate and graduate students studying horticulture, landscape architecture, museum studies, or other related fields. Selection is based on both an evaluation of the applicant’s application and available positions.
Internship Opportunities include:
- Horticulturist Internship
- Orchid Collection Internship
- Greenhouse Internship
- Tree Collection/Arborist Internship
- Education and Outreach Internship
Applications for internships should be received no later than the dates listed below.
- Fall Internships: July 1
- Winter/Spring Internships: November 1
- Summer Internships: February 1
Requirements for applying to the Smithsonian Garden intern program:
- Submit an on-line application
- Two letters of recommendation
- College transcript(s)
- Essay describing background, interest in field, career goals and chosen project.
- Further details on how to apply can be found on our website at http://www.gardens.si.edu/get-involved/internships.html .
Office: 600 Maryland Avenue SW, Suite 3300, Washington, DC 20024
Mailing: PO BOX 37012, Capital Gallery 3300, MRC 506, Washington DC 20013-7012