Public Garden Career Center - View Job
Charlotte, North Carolina
Posted: Friday, December 6, 2013
Wing Haven located in Charlotte, North Carolina, is seeking an Executive Director. The Clarksons entrusted their garden to the Wing Haven Foundation in 1971. Since that time its Board of Directors has been responsible for maintaining Wing Haven Gardens and Bird Sanctuary in keeping with the Clarksons’ spirit and intent. In 2008 the Wing Haven Foundation purchased the Elizabeth Lawrence House and Garden. Together, the gardens are known as Wing Haven. The organization now has eight employees and 200+ volunteers.
The Executive Director reports to the President of the Foundation Board and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization and oversees the consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
- a minimum of 5+ years relevant experience;
- senior leadership experience and proven results in a nonprofit organization; operations and general management experience in efficiency, cost containment, profitability and quality and performance standards;
- demonstrated passion for gardening/horticulture and the environment;
- experience in program development;
- experience in presentation, fundraising and revenue generation;
- experience in marketing and an understanding of social media;
- experience in cultivating community partnerships and guiding and inspiring Board members staff, key stakeholders, major donors, prospects and volunteers;
- experience in setting and maintaining strategy and direction;
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Please send your resume to Doug Anderson - firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax 704.347.0064. You may also call 704.347.0090 for more information.