Public Garden Career Center - View Job
Taltree Arboretum & Gardens
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Horticulture Manager Job Description
Reports to: President and CEO, Taltree Arboretum & Gardens
Function: Leads the horticultural team in creating and maintaining horticultural displays to drive year round attendance and further TAG’s mission. Manages and maintains the integrity of native areas, including, but not limited to restored prairie and wetlands.
Annual Salary: $40,000
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and performs other duties as assigned.
A sample of primary responsibilities includes:
- Establishes and maintains high horticultural standards and practices; providing direction, training and motivation for the horticultural staff, interns and volunteers
- Manages and supports overall plant health and soil nutrition strategies for all gardens to include sustainable gardening practices and integrated pest management in the outdoor and indoor gardens
- Establishes and oversees a systematic plant records policy, including direction of the plant collection policy and design aesthetic in coordination with Taltree’s master plan, mission, and strategies
- Coordinates heating and cooling of greenhouses, irrigation systems and maintenance of horticultural equipment collaboratively with Grounds and Buildings Manager
- Works with garden volunteers/docents developing long-term productive relationships and growing the size of the program overtime
For a more complete job description, please go to: http://www.taltree.org/about/jobs-and-internships/
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and be sure to put Horticulture Manager in the subject line.