Public Garden Career Center - View Job
Category: Visitor Services
Mt. Cuba Center
Salary: $10 per hour
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2013
Title: TICKET SELLER
Classification: Seasonal Part Time, Non Exempt
Department: Visitor Experience
Location: Hockessin, Delaware
The Ticket Seller is responsible for selling tickets for general admission, tours, book sales and classes at the Orientation Tent. As a part-time employee, the hours worked per year must be under 1000.
Major Duties, Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Sells ticket for general admissions, tours, book sales and classes.
- Accepts payment and makes change.
- Answers questions concerning admission, routes, schedules, reservations, and gives information concerning coming attractions.
- Keeps daily balance sheet of cash received and tickets sold.
- Sets up and takes down Orientation Tent materials.
Qualifications, Skills and Other Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Friendly and personable. Excellent customer service skills required.
- A team player. Must work well with others.
- Must be available Fridays, Friday evenings and Saturdays – Open Day hours.
- Able to lift a minimum of 30lbs.
- Valid driver’s license.
The position will be offered on condition of meeting a basic Background Check. Background checks are conducted post-offer, prior to permanent hiring.
Date Available: Immediately
How to Apply: All interested parties may e-mail a cover letter, résumé, and list of 3 references (please include addresses and telephone numbers) to email@example.com complete the online application and submit electronically. Either may be mail to: Human Resources, Mt. Cuba Center, Inc., 3120 Barley Mill Rd., Hockessin, DE 19707. Call Julia Lo Ehrhardt at 302-239-8834for more information.
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.
Mt. Cuba Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer