Public Garden Career Center - View Job
Charlotte, North Carolina
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013
Wing Haven located in Charlotte, North Carolina, is seeking an Executive Director. The Clarksons entrusted their garden to the Wing Haven Foundation in 1971. Since that time its Board of Directors has been responsible for maintaining Wing Haven Gardens and Bird Sanctuary in keeping with the Clarksons’ spirit and intent. In 2008 the Wing Haven Foundation purchased the Elizabeth Lawrence House and Garden. Together, the gardens are known as Wing Haven. The organization now has 10 employees and 200+ volunteers.
The Executive Director reports to the President of the Foundation Board and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization and overseeing its consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
· senior leadership experience and proven results in a nonprofit organization;
· demonstrated passion for gardening/horticulture;
· experience in presentation, fundraising and revenue generation;
· experience in marketing and an understanding of social media;
· experience in cultivating community partnerships and guiding and inspiring Board members and staff.
Please send your resume to Doug Anderson - firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax 704.347.0064. You may also call 704.347.0090 for more information.