Public Garden Career Center - View Job
Chief Operating Officer
The Missouri Botanical Garden
St. Louis, MO
Posted: Friday, October 10, 2014
Executive Leadership Opportunity with one of the top botanical gardens in the world
Chief Operating Officer
The Missouri Botanical Garden’s mission is “to discover and share knowledge about plants and their environment in order to preserve and enrich life”.
The Missouri Botanical Garden seeks a dynamic Chief Operating Officer with experience and skills in executive leadership, strategic planning, capital projects/development and a passion for our mission and institution.
The Missouri Botanical Garden in St. Louis was founded in 1859 by Henry Shaw. Today, 155 years after opening, the Garden is a National Historic Landmark and a center for science, conservation, education and horticultural display —one of the top botanical gardens in the world.
Summary of the Position:
The Chief Operating Officer will have strategic and operational responsibility for several mission related areas, as well as several key support service areas, all of which are fundamental for achieving the operational and financial objectives of the organization and the Garden’s mission. The COO provides oversight for Finance, IT, Visitor Experience, and General Services among additional areas, with a direct and indirect staff headcount of approximately 200. This role serves in an executive capacity and is the second in command to the President. The COO will partner with the President, and work closely with the VP, Finance to execute responsibility for developing, implementing and managing the operational aspects of the Garden’s budget, with annual revenues at $55-60 Million.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Finance, Business, Public Administration, or related field required.
- Fifteen (15+) years of progressive executive experience in multiple phases of business.
- Stellar leadership skills with 10+ years demonstrated successful experience in senior level positions, including P&L experience and capital project management.
- Deep experience in budgeting and fiscal management, along with high level of proficiency in strategic planning and reporting procedures.
- Directly supervises up to six+ division leaders and an administrative assistant; provides leadership and support to the Garden’s senior leadership team.
For more information please visit our website or contact the Recruiter.
Link to comprehensive posting: https://missouribotanicalgarden.applicantpro.com/jobs/144636-18077.html
Recruiter: Tracy Breckenridge
Tele: (314) 577-9567