Public Garden Career Center - View Internship
Summer 2014 Horticulture Internship
Better Homes and Gardens Test Garden®
Des Moines, IA
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014
The Better Homes and Gardens Test Garden® offers a unique opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge and experience in a public garden setting. Our garden is located in an urban environment next to the corporate publishing headquarters in Des Moines, Iowa. The horticulture intern will gain hands-on experience with perennials, annuals, shrubs, trees, vines and vegetables.
- Provide daily maintenance of the BH&G Test Garden including planting, pruning, watering, mulching, weeding and dead-heading, plus water garden maintenance
- Assist with photo shoots and corporate events in the garden
- Conduct public tours and record plant data
- Report to the Test Garden Manager
- Full-time undergraduate student pursuing career in Horticulture or related field
- Students must be at least sophomore status. Students who graduate spring semester 2014 are eligible to apply.
- Hands-on gardening experience and relevant coursework
- Ability to conduct tours and work independently in a professional setting
General Application Criteria
- This is a 10-12 week professional program. Hourly wage is based on experience.
- This is a temporary full-time position from late May through mid August. Start and end dates are somewhat flexible.
- Hours will include weekends and holidays.
Create your profile at: http://www.meredith.com/meredith_corporate/careers.html (see Temporary Openings - Test Garden).
Send resume and cover letter detailing gardening experience, coursework and training to: firstname.lastname@example.org