Public Garden Career Center - View Internship
Summer Horticulture Internship – 2014 Season
Short Hills, New Jersey
Posted: Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Summer Horticulture Internship
Greenwood Gardens, a historically significant public garden and former private estate, whose mission is to preserve and enhance its gardens, architecture, and landscape for the education and delight of the public, is seeking a Horticulture Intern for the 2014 season. The Horticulture Intern will report to the Manager of Horticulture, and gain hands-on experience and training.
- Planting and maintenance of perennial beds and container plants
- Transplanting trees and shrubs
- Weeding and mulching
- Lawn maintenance
- Botanical record keeping
- Assisting with public events, tours, workshops, and volunteers
A qualified candidate will be pursuing a career in Horticulture or related field, is able bodied, hard working and expected to lift a minimum of 50 pounds. The individual will have the opportunity to learn about many aspects of public horticulture and to work with knowledgeable horticulturists, in all areas of the garden.
Hours and Compensation
- This is a temporary full time position from June through August. Start and end date flexible.
- 37.5 hour per week, including weekends, holidays, and overtime, as needed.
- $11.50 per hour.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Brendan Huggins, Manager of Horticulture
274 Old Short Hills Road Short Hills, New Jersey 07078
Brendan Huggins at Bhuggins@greenwoodgardens.org
No Calls Please