Public Garden Career Center - View Job
Human Resource Manager
Mt. Cuba Center
Posted: Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Title: Human Resource Manager
Classification:Full Time, Exempt
Department: Business Operations
Location: Hockessin, Delaware
The Human Resource Manager is responsible for all aspects of the organization’s operations as they relate to human resource programs and legal matters. The Human Resource Manager is accountable for the day-to-day functions of the Human Resource Office.
Major Duties, Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- The Human Resource Manager is accountable for daily operation of human resources, benefits and payroll administration.
- In consultation with the Director of Business Operations and Executive Director, makes recommendations regarding financial, legal, human resource, technology and other business issues.
- Process all new hire, termination and benefits paperwork.
- Daily review of time clock program.
- Process bi-monthly and monthly payroll using online outside payroll company.
- Work with outside consultants regarding annual benefit requirements, changes and audits.
- Disseminate benefits changes, open enrollment and updated information to employees.
- Interfaces with auditors to facilitate production of annual independent audits.
Qualifications, Skills and Other Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration/Human Resource Management or similar area required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with the staff and the public.
- Must be able to demonstrate confidentiality, self-motivation, organization, attention to detail and the ability to effectively function without close supervision.
- Consistently high demonstration of Mt. Cuba Center’s core values.
- Thorough familiarity with human resource procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs.
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, holidays and special events as needed.
- Valid driver’s license.
The position will be offered on condition of meeting a basic Background Check. Background checks are conducted post-offer, prior to permanent hiring.
Date Available: June 1, 2013
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits which include health and dental insurance, paid vacation, sick time, and a pension plan.
How to Apply: All interested parties should e-mail a cover letter, résumé, salary requirements, and list of 3 references (please include addresses and telephone numbers) to email@example.com mail to: Human Resources, Mt. Cuba Center, Inc., 3120 Barley Mill Rd., Hockessin, DE 19707. Call Angie Martin at 302-239-8820 for more information.
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.
Mt. Cuba Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer