Building Maintenance Technician CSL
Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
Sustainable architecture and landscape design are taking giant steps forward at Phipps Conservatory with the new Center for Sustainable Landscapes (CSL), an innovative model of sustainability. The CSL is the centerpiece of a multi-year expansion project underway at Phipps to upgrade and expand facilities, and to emphasize more green and sustainable building practices and operations. During the planning stages of this project, Phipps accepted the Living Building Challenge issued by International Living Future Institute. By accepting this challenge, Phipps plans for the CSL to exceed LEED® Platinum certification (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design), currently the industry's most recognized certification for green buildings.
We are seeking an experienced Building Maintenance Technician as we move into this next level of sustainable building management.
Within the context of achieving the highest level of green buildings and operations possible, the essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Maintenance, repair and commissioning of all renewable energy sources including solar panel arrays and wind turbine.
· Operating, installing and maintaining equipment including boilers, pumps, valves, piping, generators, air conditioning, compressors, fans and related machinery.
· Installing and maintaining electrical equipment including switches, controls, motors, lighting, wiring, etc.
· Managing and completing work tickets.
· Assisting with setup and tear down of seasonal exhibits and displays.
Degree in appropriate field and 3-5 years’ relevant work experience are required, as well as a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license. Must be available to work all different shifts, including holidays and weekends. Skill required in operating personal computer utilizing a variety of computer software. Phipps offers a competitive compensation package, strong benefits and unique atmosphere.
Qualified candidates should email a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com or mail to Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, Human Resources Department, One Schenley Park, Pittsburgh, PA 15213. No telephone calls, please.
For more information about Phipps, please visit our website: www.phipps.conservatory.org.