Public Garden Career Center - View Job
EPIC INDUSTRIES INC
Clarks Summit, PA
Posted: Monday, February 4, 2013
EPIC INDUSTRIES INC
1133 South Abington Road - Clarks Summit, PA 18411- 0008 - 570-586-0253
Full Time- Year Round Gardener Position
Position reports to a supervisor and takes direction from property owners and a landscape architect, but person must be able to self-supervise and complete tasks and projects independently.
No mowing of lawns required.
· Primary responsibilities which must be completed before attempting secondary include
· Selection and planting of annuals for all garden beds and pots
· Weeding of all perimeter beds and pots around the two large properties with small pond
· Deadheading of plants and general tending with attention to health and aesthetics of gardens.
· Watering as necessary.
· Deadheading of plants and general tending to plants beyond perimeter beds including Japanese Garden
· Spraying for bugs/insects and deer in above areas
· Preparation of beds for late fall and winter
· Restoration of beds in Spring
· Pruning as needed/directed
· Secondary responsibilities include
· Weeding extended areas
· Cutting back areas
· Tertiary responsibilities
· Help and aid to caretaker
· Replanting and transplanting projects
· Possibility of greenhouse maintenance in the future for the right candidate
· Research as requested
Previous experience and references required. A knowledge of plants and suitability to climate required. Master gardener certification preferred.
Position will not start work before 7:30AM, unless requested by the Property Owners or the Property Manager. Quitting time will be at 4:00PM, weather permitting, but the person working in this position should be prepared to work later and on Saturdays as necessary.
It is assumed and expected that the duties of this position will be performed unaided unless doing so creates an unsafe working condition. Any assistance needed to perform duties will be coordinated with the Property Manager.