Public Garden Career Center - View Job
Part-time Landscape Designer and Art Educator
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013
Part-time Landscape Designer and Art Educator, Trees Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia
To protect and improve Atlanta’s urban forest by planting, conserving, and educating.
Trees Atlanta, a non-profit, environmental organization, seeks an individual with credentials in both landscape design and art education as a Design/Education Coordinator. The position will entail primary staff responsibility for developing and implementing environmental education programs, as well as designing and helping to establish gardens for schools K-12. Other responsibilities will include helping staff designers with urban tree planting projects, streetscapes, etc., coordinating volunteer events, as well as additional responsibilities to be determined.
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture or related degree, preferably with coursework in art or art education.
· Experience in landscape design/art education/environmental education
· Ability to work collaboratively on a team
· Experience working with students K-12
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
· Must be able to tolerate working outdoors, with exposure to sun, heat, cold, inclement weather, and insects.
· Must be physically fit and able to lift up to 25 lbs.
· Evening and weekend work will often be necessary
· Average work week of 24 hours
· Reports to Chief Program Officer
Compensation: $14 to $18 per hour, depending on education and experience
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Send Resume and Cover Letter To: Greg@treesatlanta.orgwith, Landscape Designer and Art Educator, in the subject line