Position Title: Education Coordinator
Job summary: Moore Farms Botanical Garden is looking for a qualified individual to develop, implement and manage all aspects of educational programs and activities.
- Design, coordinate, schedule, and implement garden educational programs and events for adults, students and interns. Events include workshops, classes, field trips, tours and Garden Opens.
- Lead, teach, or instruct a variety of educational events including field trips, classes, workshops, after-hours events and tours.
- Serve as the primary representative for programs that provide outreach and educational services. Represent MFBG at community events.
- Market and promote educational programs and special events including announcements, fliers, brochures, social media and other forms of publicity.
- Evaluate intern program for college students and recent college graduates and assist in identifying and recruiting candidates.
- Act as a resource for area educators.
- Conduct education program assessments and evaluations.
- Serve as registrar for all education workshops, classes and special events.
Education and experience:
Completion of a master's degree with no experience; OR completion of a bachelor's degree and minimum three years previous experience in the education department of a botanical garden, science museum or related setting.
Ability to operate standard office equipment.
Ability to lift 30 lbs.
Must be available to work weekdays, some evenings and weekends.
Must possess a valid South Carolina Driver’s license.
Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and coordinate multiple activities and projects.
Demonstrated public speaking skills.
Passion for horticulture, science and the natural world.
Ability to work with diverse populations.
Indoor work in an office setting, though outside work is also required during classes, tours and special events.
Compensation: This is a full time exempt position with a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical coverage, paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, etc.
About the garden:
Moore Farms Botanical Garden is a nonprofit organization set on over 500 acres near Lake City, South Carolina. The garden is cultivated on 35 acres and is a dynamic mix of formal, naturalistic, and agrarian landscapes. Garden areas include a formal garden, vegetable garden, green roof, turf farm, muscadine vineyard, pond gardens, formal shrub borders, and a greenhouse and nursery. Other land use includes agriculture, forestry and wildlife habitat. We are currently in a period of growth in both our horticultural displays and programming. This is a very exciting time to be part of the MFBG team. Please visit our website at moorefarmsbg.org to learn more.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Ethan Kauffman at firstname.lastname@example.org.