AMERICAN PUBLIC GARDENS ASSOCIATION (APGA)
PROGRAM MANAGER – CURRENT AND FUTURE INITIATIVES
The American Public Gardens Association is pleased to announce that we are seeking an addition to our talented team of professionals. We are seeking an experienced individual to lead several newly emerging programs and also identify future initiatives of value to our members, their gardens, and the millions of visitors they serve. One key initiative is our efforts related to climate change impacts on gardens, but the successful candidate will also enjoy participating in other ongoing programs and be engaged in spearheading new opportunities when they arise. He/She will also contribute to APGA’s ongoing professional development symposia and annual conferences and share in the management of an expanding member resource area.
The position requires a combination of 6 years scholastic and/or work experience, preferably in education, agriculture/horticulture, biological/earth sciences, or another field familiar to public horticulture. A 4 yr. Bachelor’s Degree and 1 yr. of horticulture /non-profit association experience are minimum contributions to the total combination. A Master’s Degree and/or Additional experience in communications, education, grant writing, government relations, research horticulture, or another related field is a plus.
The position is salaried, full-time exempt with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience. To apply, please send the following:
(1) A Current Resume or CV
(2) A brief Cover Letter that details your interest, background, and salary requirements for the position
Complete application packages can be submitted to Vivian Lovingood by email at email@example.com or sent to her attention at American Public Gardens Association, 351 Longwood Road, Kennett Square, PA. The deadline for applications is Friday, February 1 at 5PM ET.
This position reports to the Executive Director, but works alongside all staff in the development and production of communications materials for marketing, membership, and programs. It also assists with membership services and provides assistance on the website and member database. They will sit on APGA membership, professional development, and other Committees as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Desired:
· A sound grasp/understanding of web-based, social media, and other communication technologies
· Experience in the development, management and maintenance of websites.
· Proficient in production and layout using desktop publishing software, including the ability to incorporate photos and artwork into various media collateral such as brochures, webpages, newsletters, publications, etc.
· Highly adept with databases, resource management tools, spreadsheets, and other computer software
· High quality written and oral communication skills that result in clear, concise writing. Excellent proofreading skills highly desirable.
· Outstanding attention to customer/member service, and can respond quickly to internal/external requests for information
· Self-motivated, with solid project management and organizational skills
· Enjoys collaborative work with others to accomplish common goals
· Ability to perform analytics related to website/social media visitation, use, and effectiveness
· Intuitive and empathic to Association needs, and can consider tools/resources that will be required to fulfill its short and long-term goals
· Enjoys innovation and keeping abreast of new trends in technology and communications