Public Garden Career Center - View Job
Millennium Park, Chicago, IL
Posted: Thursday, September 6, 2012
Job Announcement: Membership Manager –
Lurie Garden, Millennium Park, Chicago, IL
The Part-time Membership Manager for the Lurie Garden is responsible for creating and delivering the Lurie Garden membership program. This position was created in 2012 to solicit and educate the public about the Lurie Garden while also generating interest, enthusiasm and advocacy for the garden and park as a whole. The revenue generated from the membership program funds The Lurie Garden free environmental programs.
- Part-time basis. Typically office days of Tuesdays and Thursdays, but the schedule is flexible.
- 15 to 25 hours per week. Some weekends and evenings.
- Reports to Lurie Garden Director.
· Oversee and assist with daily functions of the membership office.
· Create an annual work plan with monthly goals and budget projections. Generate monthly membership revenue reports; evaluate monthly progress toward annual budgeted revenue goal.
· Develop and manage the Membership budget.
· Recruit and train membership volunteers to assist with daily tasks. Work with volunteer manager to schedule and train volunteers.
· Develop yearly member benefits, with a focus on strengthening discount membership partners.
· Oversee membership activities and promotions at events, plant sales and festivals.
· Work with contracted public relations and media agency to execute outreach initiatives, including online promotions, marketing, advertising, incentives, special offers, holiday promotions, etc.
· Coordinate all member events throughout the year.
· Coordinate solicitation, renewals and acknowledgements for all membership levels.
· Manage retention and coordinate drop and rejoin campaigns.
· Supervise mailing list generation for new member solicitation, renewals, etc.
· Assemble, generate and edit content for The Lurie Garden quarterly member e-newsletter.
· Review current departmental procedures, research other membership programs and develop new policies and procedures as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient in E-tapestry, Blackbaud or comparable membership database.
- Strong managerial, communication and presentation skills
- Experience training and managing volunteers
If interested, please send cover letter, resume, and references by September 28th to: Jennifer Davit, Lurie Garden Director
Via e-mail: Jennifer@luriegarden.org
Via mail: 201 E Randolph St. Chicago, IL 60601