Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Garden
Job Title: Horticulturist Supervisor – Crew Foreman
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: Starting at $16.00/hr with vacation & sick time, 401k, and health insurance.
Job Summary: Responsible for overall landscape maintenance and supervision of the Arboretum’s Paseo de Flores Gardens.
• Physically perform general landscape maintenance for specific garden area, including planting, mowing, weeding, spraying, irrigation, pruning, pest control, and trimming, according to written maintenance and safety standards.
• Supervise garden crew, volunteers, and interns assigned to area.
• Assist with educational and research projects as required, example: horticultural demonstrations during special events.
• Establish and meet garden project completion schedules on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
• Train and develop gardeners and landscape assistants in garden area to increase their knowledge of plant materials and landscape maintenance.
• Assist with plant record keeping and labeling for their garden area.
• Provides technical assistance when required.
• Responsible for securing all equipment at the end of the day and notifying supervisor of any supply needs.
• Supervise all garden staff on rotating weekends.
• Train, evaluate and effectively manage/schedule personnel; complete required personnel documentation in a timely manner.
Required: Bachelor of Science degree in Horticulture or equivalent experience; good verbal and written communication skills; ability to manage multiple tasks through use of effective organizational and time-management skills; professional work ethic; ability to work flexible hours as needed; ability to lift up to 50 lbs; have valid driver’s license in order to operate garden vehicles.
Preferred: Landscape maintenance experience; supervisory experience; Certified Pesticide Applicators license; knowledge of irrigation systems and other water feature equipment; ability to develop staff to work as a team.
Please email or fax cover letter & resume to Olga Estrada:
email@example.com or fax 214-320-1095.