COASTAL MAINE BOTANICAL GARDENS
Position Title: Rentals and Group Sales Coordinator
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Employee Status: Full-time, Exempt, Permanent Position
Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, on 250 spectacular shorefront acres in the midcoast town of Boothbay, is one of the nation’s newest, loveliest, and most dynamic public gardens. It has a well-deserved reputation as both an excellent venue for rentals and an appealing destination for groups. We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join the marketing team and coordinate rentals and group visits.
The Gardens officially opened to the public in 2007. In 2012, after only five years, we welcomed more than 90,000 visitors, nearly triple those in our first year. As we continue to attain status as a world-renowned garden, we anticipate the increase to continue, in large part through rentals and group visits.
• Identify and market the Gardens to individuals, businesses, and organization who are potential rental customers for gatherings of as many as 200 people; and finalize the arrangements and manage the rentals through to their completion. Rentals include, but are not limited to, corporate meetings, weddings, receptions, and parties. The Gardens offers a variety of attractive spaces for rent: large and small gardens, the elegant Education Center, and the multi-featured Bosarge Family Education Center.
• Identify and market the Gardens to groups for both visits and additional amenities including tours, lunches, and presentations. Coordinate all aspects of group visits; this includes, but is not limited to, working with tour operators, cruise lines, clubs, businesses, and organizations.
• Expand and refine the rental and group-visit programs to keep pace with, and contribute to, the overall growth of the Gardens. While the Gardens has a successful history of rentals and group visits, this is the first time a position is devoted entirely to this aspect of the organization’s efforts.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Build relationships with key constituencies; network with and participate in regional committees and associations which support and reach target markets.
• Work with the Director of Marketing, Director of Philanthropy, Director of Education, Director of Horticulture, Director of Facilities and other key staff to coordinate group rentals and group visits to the Gardens.
• Manage communications with potential, current and previous facility guests to grow group rentals/tour sales and build a loyal group visitor base.
• Manage the sales budget, sales negotiations and contracts.
• Work with bookkeeping staff to ensure accurate and timely invoicing of group visitors.
• Work with the Director of Communications to promote rentals and group visits through the Gardens’ website, press releases when appropriate, and other means.
• Work with the Director of Marketing to create collateral materials for distribution.
• Act as the primary contact for booked groups before, during and after the visit utilizing the highest level of quality customer service.
• Represent Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens at appropriate trade shows and fairs.
• BS/BA in business-related field; 2+ years of outside sales experience.
• Strong selling, negotiating and closing skills.
• Self-motivator that works well independently with strong time-management skills and attention to details.
• Experience working within a team to execute individual tasks to achieve a shared goal.
• Track record of meeting or exceeding goals.
• Demonstrated history of strong communication, organization and people skills.
• Enthusiasm for plants and the natural world and a commitment to helping Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens be one of the best botanical gardens in the world.
• Salary is commensurate with experience and includes health, retirement and continuing education benefits.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter describing their interest in the position and a resume to:
Director of Marketing
Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens
PO Box 234
Boothbay, ME 04537
This position description will be the basis of an annual performance appraisal and is subject to change to meet the needs of the organization after discussion with the incumbent.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position individuals who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.